Monday, February 26, 2007

Knowing is just half the story

I am constantly reminded how important it is to go beyond just knowing
in my daily life.

I have the best knowledge on how to gain ideal health, but am I there yet?

I have the best knowledge on financial success, but am I there yet?

I have the best knowledge on how to create the best knowledge,
but am I there yet?

The best knowledge is not much better than no knowledge, unless we
APPLY knowledge.

So many KM initiatives have an end objective to create, store and share
knowledge, but very few put enough emphasis on how to then best
APPLY that knowledge.

I think this is the other side of the coin - 'competence'.

We need both the best knowledge and the competence to know
when and how to apply it successfully!

For me, that's wisdom!

Ron Young

More information at:

www.knowledge-management-online.com

No comments:

Post a Comment